The City of Rock Hill, Missouri is located in Mid St. Louis County, about 25 minutes west of Downtown St. Louis via Interstate 64. Important roads for the community are Manchester Road, Rock Hill Road, McKnight Road, Old Warson, Berry Road, Bismark Avenue and others. The City was officially incorporated in 1929.
The residents of Rock Hill are served by the Webster Groves School District. The district has one early elementary center, six elementary schools, one sixth grade school, Hixson Middle School and Webster Groves High School. Hudson Elementary School, Webster Groves Elementary Computer School and Steger Sixth Grade Center are all located within Rock Hill.
Many city parks are available for the residents of Rock Hill. The seven parks that Rock Hill maintains feature amenities such as playgrounds, picnic sites and shelters, walking trails, athletic fields and more. The Rock Hill Parks and Recreation Department also hosts several community events such as a Fall Festival and Parade and coordinates recreational programs and summer camps for children.
Two St Louis County Landmarks can be found in Rock Hill. The James C. Marshall House, "Fairfax", was built in 1839 by John Marshall. It served the Marshall family as their residence, a place of business, a stage coach stop and the first post office for the settlement that later became Rock Hill. Fairfax is also on the National Register of Historical Places. The other landmark was the Rock Hill Presbyterian Church. It was razed in 2012. John Marshall donated the land that the church was built on in 1845. Reverend Artemus Bullard, a visiting Presbyterian pastor, gave the church and the area its name, Rock Hill.
Rock Hill Missouri City Hall
827 N. Rock Hill Road
Rock Hill, MO 63119